Thursday, February 21, 2019

Nebula at Sea, I (A Love Letter)

I sit on my bed
in this five-star hotel
floating on top of these dark clouds
rumbling in hunger and greed
to consume the wooden houses and walls
built on the broken land below
with the flood made from bloody tears
of a heartbreak through a cracked mirror

The large bed, draped in sea-blue
like swimming through an endless ocean
my mind is as calm as the wind
motionless, like the eyes of a fish
a rainbow spurts out of the flat-screen TV
as schools of fishes breeze through my sorrows
like a herd of cattle rummaging through
a dried-up field, leafless, windless
I reach for the folded blanket in front of me
grab onto it with all my life's force
yet I could not pull it over
as if it is part of the bed
I am cold, I am shivering
naked in the middle of the monstrous waves
exposed to the turbulent mood of the wild weather
as drum-rolls of thunder pummel the side of my head
too loud, too frightening
a purplish being appears in the sky
as if it is part of the sky
two eyes, all white, no pupils
one nose, protruding a little too far outwards
one lip, too deep in its blue
as if reminiscing a long romance with the sea
a meaningful life down below
living alongside the underwater people
and the colorful corals

The purplish being stares at me
its blue lips crack open
flaunting its beautiful smile
two rows of teeth, as pink as cotton candy
all perfectly aligned, like the events in my life
a voice speaks out from the TV
as if the purplish being is merely a projection
from a device with a disconnected power cable
"Who are you
but a being raised with love
so why are you
lamenting over the little things in life
how are you
ever going to find your way to shore
if all you ever think about
is 'when am I going to be truly happy?'"

The landline phone rings
I pick it up
"Hello, this is         from        
who is this speaking?"

"Hi, I am a beauty
I bought a light MACHINE from you
a few months ago
I called just to say thank you
your MACHINE saved my life
I was lonely, I was sad
so engulfed by the pains of dark
yet you, my MACHINE
you gave me hope"

I am sitting at my desk
the horde of numbers and letters
are no longer that scary

I wake up

I lie on my bed
in this five-star hotel
a message appeared on my phone
"Good morning, beautiful
how are you doing?
I hope you had a good night sleep
I love you!"

Life truly is
the most beautiful thing

No comments: